Are you preparing for defence exams? Not sure about the difference in the selection process for the CDS exam and CAPF 2022 exam? Well, we will help you out by breaking down the selection process for both the exams for your perusal.
To start with, the Combined Defence Services Exam (CDS) is the most prestigious one conducted every year to onboard the best talent for various armed forces throughout India. It adds wings to the dream of the individuals who wish to serve the nation. The CDS exam is conducted to select candidates in the following armed forces:
- Indian Army
- Indian Navy
- Indian Airforce
- Naval Academy
- Officers Training Academy
On other hand, every year, the recruitment for the Assistant Commandant (AC) in CAPF happens by the Union Public Service Commission. They recruit special forces under Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) via CAPF exam for following designation mentioned below. Visit BYJU’S Exam Prep for more information.
- Border Security Force (BSF)
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
With this, here is the rundown of the difference between the selection process for CDS exam and CAPF 2022 exam-
- CDS offices are called commissioned offices and CAPF offices are gazgeted offices.
- The selection process in CAPF aims to recruit Assistant Commandant whereas, The selection process in CDS involves selection of BSF and others.
- CDS Selection Process 2022 includes two stages- written exam and SSB interview whereas CAPF Process 2022 includes three stages: written exam, physical efficiency test/medical test, and interview/personality test.
- The written exam as a part of the selection process comprises three papers- English, Elementary Mathematics, and General Knowledge. On the other hand, the CAPF AC Written exam has two papers – Paper-I and Paper-II. Paper-I consists of General Ability and Intelligence and Paper-II includes General Studies, Essay, and Comprehension.
- CDS is conducted by UPSC twice a year and CAPF is conducted by UPSC once a year.
- If you are applying for CAPF recruitment 2022, you need to undergo certain physical standards as a part of the selection process as specified in the official notification and these standards are a bit complicated as compared to the CDS exam. Under CDS, candidates
- have to undergo only a medical examination which includes a small portion of the physical test by a Board of Service Medical Officers.
The selection process might differ but it completely depends on you. It’s akin to asking which fruit is tastier: apples or oranges? Both are equally worthy. However, it’s up to you to decide but it’s important to know the difference in the selection process to prepare it accordingly. Hence, the above mentioned pointer can help you to differentiate between both the selection process.
In the nutshell, The Final Selection for candidates in both the exams depends on how well you can clear the objective-type and written exam. Basis the marks you will obtain, you got selected.
As far as service is concerned, you will serve India equally in both respected services. Whether you become AC in a CAPF through CAPF 2022 AC Exam or Lieutenant in BSF, your goal will be the same- to work for the nation.
The selection process is just a part of the recruitment process. For some, it’s CDS and for others it’s CAPF. One cannot compare both the services. All you need is to work hard and smarter towards clearing the exams with flying colours and making your nation proud.
Both the exams have their own benefits and are prestigious. If you are preparing for either exam, prepare well, and more comprehensive preparation, you can check out – BYJU’S Exam Prep.